City Museum Ostend
Discover the captivating history of Ostend at the Ostend City Museum, where a treasure trove of objects, posters, documents, and multimedia applications takes you on a journey through time. This museum brings to life the evolution of the city, from its early days to the modern tourist hub it is today.
What to expect at the d'Ostend City Museum?
- Diverse Collections: Explore the extensive collections that highlight the development of Ostend, with a focus on urban development, tourism, fishing, the harbor, and shipping.
- Multimedia Stories: Immerse yourself in the interactive and multimedia presentations that paint a dynamic picture of Ostend over the years.
- Royal History: Meet Louise-Marie, the first Belgian queen and the most famous resident of the building. She plays a prominent role in the exhibition and brings her story to life in a unique way.
- Top Attractions: Other highlights include:
- The rich collection of maritime objects and artifacts.
- Historical documents shedding light on the city's unique development.
- Captivating stories and images illustrating Ostend's tourist past.
- Interactive displays providing an engaging experience for visitors of all ages.
Explore the fascinating history of Ostend
The Ostend City Museum is not just a place of history; it's a vibrant meeting point where the past and present of Ostend come together.
Furthermore City Museum Ostend is near the following sights: Kursaal Oostende (±500 m), Museum Ship Amandine (±600 m), Three-master Mercator (±750 m), Mu.Zee (±950 m) & Japanese Garden Shin Kai Tei (±1,1 km).
For informationLangestraat 69, Oostende